You’d think composting would be so easy! Put kitchen scraps and yard trimmings in and voila! Rich soil! Nope! Wrong!
I guess it takes the right stuff at the right times in the right heat and liquid. Geesh. Like baking. Except no cookies.
I had to actually remove everything from my compost so I could start from scratch. Everything was so dry.
I added soil, dry leave, grass trimmings, chicken litter and our kitchen scraps and wet it with the hose and waited two weeks. It seems like it’s working! I turned it around today, watered and added some more kitchen scraps and it seems to be working! It’s looking more like soil and less like what it used to! So I’m hopeful I can have an excellent cycle of compost for our little city farm!